Distractions in Writing!

Name one distraction.

Hum, okay, let's see...Oh, oh, I know, I know.

Having a hurricane come and knock on your door! That will definitely disrupt your creative muse as it's trying to compose a best selling novel! Yes, yes, that is definitely the thing!

Seriously, for two weeks in a row, I tried to finish up my current WIP and both times my plans were zonked by the forces of nature. First, Gustav, who made me leave my home and go to Arkansas, then came Ike. We stayed at home with that one. But we were without electricity for a couple days.

Do I have to say that the creative juices just refused to flow? No, they stopped completely. So this week, I am hoping to finish up the little werewolf story I'm writing, send it off and then hope for the best! For the story and also that another storm doesn't come in anymore for the next ten years! I could use some less stressful summer and early fall months. I really can.

So everyone, please send me positive thoughts that I can focus enough to finish this story up! I need it!

Comments

Katie Reus said…
Okay, I don't know what happened to my comment, I think Google ate it! I was just agreeing that hurricanes suck, lol :)

Popular Posts