Yes, I am NaNoing This Month

That's right.  I decided on the spur of the moment to do NaNoWriMo this month. I usually work on something during November for NaNoWriMo but I don't push to finish. My attitude has always been: I'm working on my current WIP and doing this is helping me complete the book. I've never started a brand new story for November.




Well that changed this year. On November 1st to 2nd, I had no intentions of doing NaNoWriMo then on Saturday morning I changed my mind. And it's not because I'm a woman. I've been stuck in a rut the last couple of months and a friend of mine told me a couple of weeks ago to start something new and different. She thought maybe it would free up my muse.

Well, guess what?

It did.

From Saturday to last night--Drum Roll Please--I wrote

15,000 Words

Can you imagine not only my surprise but my total excitement?


The story is a YA Paranormal Romance (well, it's turning out to have a romance).



Wish me luck!  I am 25% done out of 50k words.


A world on the edge of destruction and only one girl with the help of a boy can save humanity!

Comments

Ren said…
That's awesome, Judy! Keep going. You'll break the 50k mark in no time.

Popular Posts