Chilly Autumn Breezes!

Brrrrr, it's chilly outside. For those who live north of mid-Louisiana, it can be hard to comprehend that we don't suffer great differences in degrees of weather changing here. I live only fifty miles north of the Gulf of Mexico. We either have sultry humidity or rain. During the winter months, we have rain and wet cold. Not all the trees lose their leaves, and the change of seasons are minor.

I used to live up north and that's one aspect of Fall I miss the most. When the leaves turn red, gold and magenta, I can sense the wonder of our planet. It puts me the mood for holiday festivities. Especially Halloween.

We own several acres of land and a friend came and cut the pasture for hay. Seeing the huge rolls spaced out in the pasture and the cut green grass below made me want to go out and buy a bunch of pumpkins to mingle with the rolls. Fall has arrived. And I love it.

Just think, yesterday it was 90 degrees and today, it's 50. Nice, really nice.

Here's to the coming of Samhain! Hoping everyone has a fantastic one!!

Comments

Popular Posts