Wonderful Verification for why I write

I have been so busy lately.  Yes, I am writing which, IMHO, is a very good thing. :D 



But as with any person in the process of creating a work of art, doubts always arise and you wonder if this is all worth the blood, sweat, and tears of all the years you've placed your heart and soul on every page of a story. This is only justified through feed back.  It doesn't matter if it's good or bad, if you have the writing spirit then the stories you're telling will be told and people will read them.  In return, those readers will either love or hate the tale.  There's always a ying and yang to life.


But occassionally, you receive the undeniable proof that what you are doing is worth it.

I did the other day with my first review on my new release Dragon Wish. 



Bitten by Paranormal Romance: Dragon Wish Review
Buy link for Dragon Wish

Also for along time, I've been battling on whether or not to announce my sojourn into another genre of romance writing.  I submitted a book and it was contracted immediately by the publisher.  I've received awesome reader reviews on this book.  I'd never dreamed I would write in this genre but my mother always told me to never say never.  I found I loved creating stories in this genre.  Which one do ask?

Well, here's the book and my other pen name. 




It, too, has recently received a 5 tombstone rating from Bitten by Books.

Review of Blue Heaven
Buy link for Blue Heaven

Also, Jadette is over at Stacey Leigh's place, guest blogging today!  Would love for everyone to drop by and visit. Shannon Leigh Blog.

Another verification of my writing. And a reason to celebrate. 



Lately, I've been having a lot of self doubts concerning my writing.  I've felt like I have been floating in limbo but the need to put words on paper kept pushing at me.  Yet, when I sat down and wrote, every word felt wrong.  I was not a happy camper, I promise you.

But I kept at it and lately, I'm feeling okay with my writing. It's feeling almost normal again. I didn't  realize how much I missed that until I no longer felt it. 

So, how do you feel about validation on your work, whether it's writing, art, reviewing...let me know how you feel.  I would love to see how you deal with any bumps in the road. 

Comments

Ren said…
That's a lovely post, Judy.
Congratulations on your reviews :)
I've just had a blow as my main publisher changed direction. The new way of working didn't suit me, so I took the option of leaving. That does mean though that all my current releases were taken down.
But, looking on the positive side, I have a new release with a different publisher in September and I have all my rights back for the other works. They were all short pieces, so I plan to rewrite them longer and submit to another publisher. At least all my nice reviews on Goodreads don't disappear!
Wishing you all the best with your writing!
Judith Leger said…
I hear you, Nicki. I recently received the rights back to my three with a publisher. I'm going to rework them and put them up myself.

I wish you the very best!

Popular Posts