Okay, Linda, first off, I will remember this!! Thanks so much for the wonderful words of praise! Everyone needs to take a look at Linda LaRoque's works. She's a great author and very worthy of reading. I promise you, it's time well spent! She has several books at The Wild Rose Press. I'm supposed to tell you six things about myself and tag six friends. Hmmm, let me see. Okay.
1. I live with my family in Southwest Louisiana with my husband of 30 years, three sons, two dogs (though the Dachshund thinks she's human), a 30 year old Appaloosa mare, and several fish. Can't our wet little buddies out, now can I? My oldest son, 24, just bought a home and moved out at the beginning of this month. It's strange not having him at home any more but I am proud of him! My two younger sons are still at home, attending high school. I've been working in higher education for the past 11 years. Before that, I worked at an engineering company.
2. When I'm not working a the day job or tending to my family, I write. If the muse is sleeping I love to sit with a huge bowl of popcorn and watch some Anime with my kids. What is Anime? It's, I guess, you could call it Japanese Cartoons, only they're so much more!
3. I'm a member of a local writer's group (Bayou Writers Group. We're a very close knit group. We started small but we're growing larger each year. Our annual conference is on November 15 at the Arts and Humanity building here in Lake Charles, Louisiana. The information for this is posted on their blogsite! Go check it out. It's going to be a great conference!
4. I have Cherokee blood on my father's side (great grandmother) and Choctaw blood on my mother's side (great grandmother). Can tell it with me but you can with my sister.
5. Can't wait for the time change at the end of this month. I'm ready for that extra hour. LOL! More sleep! This way, hopefully, I can dream. So far I've written three stories from something I dreamed about. The Witch Within is one of them.
6. There's so many people that I've encountered on this wonderful writing journey. Nothing could ever take their places in my life!
I'm tagging these people.
1. The first one is Pamela Thibodeaux. HA! Betcha didn't think I'd tagged you, huh? Yep, my Pam, is one of my dearest and closest friends!! Known for several years and we're each others sounding board for our writing. It's great to have someone close by so you can sit down over a hot cup of coffee and hash out problems with your current WIP.
2. Second is Gina Ardito. Wahoo! Gina has two novels out right now, Bonds of Matrimony and Slice of Heaven. You have to go check them out!! Love you, Gina, girlfriend! I've know Gina for several years now. She's one of my on-line critique partners at Romance Writers Unlimited.
3. Leslie Ann Dennis has been a friend since 2003. I met her at the NOLA conference in Shreveport. Loved her then and that love has never faltered. She is a fantastic lady and her writing ain't too bad either. Go check out her newest release, Reason to Believe! You'll love it! Leslie is also one of the founders of Romance Writers Unlimited.
4. If you like erotica romance then you need to go check out Amber Green's works! She is one fantastic author and one of my closest friends!
5. Hywela Lyn, my fellow horse lover! She's Welsh but she lives in England right now. Starquest is her new release from The Wild Rose Press.
6. Last but definitely not the least is Dawn Brown! She's one of my newest friends and another excellent author. If you have time go check out her latest novel, Living Lies!
I have a ton of writing friends and these are only a few of them. One of the reasons I love to write and what keeps me moving forward as an author is the support and feedback that I receive from all my friends. Without them, I would never have made it this far!