Waiting on Pins and Needles!

Ummm, what an understatement.

I sent a query to a well known e-publisher on January 6 this year. Just a three paragraph summary and chapter one. Pretty much a normal query. Nothing spectacular. I waited to see if they wanted to read the rest of the manuscript, hoping they would so I'd have a chance at a contract.

Well, hopes can be fulfilled.

I received an email from the submissions editor informing me she was sending in a contract request for the book. Can I use the word shocked? Surprised? Thrilled? Doubtful?

Shocked she wanted to contract the story without reading the entire book.

Surprised for the same reason.

Thrilled at the chance to receive a contract from the publisher.

Then lastly, doubtful she had the right author.

You know, one of those freak incidents where you email the wrong person. Well, she hadn't contacted me by mistake. She answered my response, informing me that she'd wanted to contact me weeks ago but only now had time to do so. Well, the shock returned. She read just chapter one and the short summary, yet she fell in love with the story.

Right at this moment, I'm sitting here on pins and needles, keeping my fingers crossed that I'll receive a contract for the book soon. It's approximately 100k word fantasy romance.

As I wait, I'm thinking about what this book means to me. I suppose it's the book of my heart. It's taken four years to write, re-write and re-write. From this book, another second, third, and now fourth and fifth books have come to life in my imagination. The second story is half written and I also started the third one. If this publisher takes my novel, it will open the door for the next four books in this series.

So, yes, I'm excited and greatly honored for this opportunity. That is, if I survive the wait. One more week till I find out!

Comments

Yay! That's fabulous news, Judy, I'm so excited for you!

Look forward to hearing more details soon!!!
Judith Leger said…
Will keep you posted! Promise!
Mindy Blanchard said…
Wow, Judy that's awesome!! Congrats!
DawnB said…
So excited for you. Congrats!!

Popular Posts