Running Away

At one time or another, we all wish we could run away.

Don't you?  I know over my life, I've desired to do that.  When difficult situations arise, the need to escape...run away is overpowering.  I never have done it. Somehow I've found the strength to carry on. Yet I've realized that I'm running away from my writing.  Right now I working through two difficult scenes in my current WIP.


Why are they difficult? Because they deal with abuse and the aftereffects on the person who was abused.  I've been through a lot of stuff in my life.  I wouldn't say a ton of it was abuse but the way it affected me and my reaction was very similar to what is happening to my character.

It's hard.

I am putting off writing the critical points in the scenes.

It's too much of a reminder of what happened to me.

You think because years go by that it won't hurt anymore but though the pain is not as fresh, if you dig deep enough, the wound still oozes. It's taken me a long time to realize what I've been doing.  I don't want to write these scenes.  I want to let my character be happy without them but his story is there and it has to be told so I am going to do my best to put the words on the page.

Will what I'm feeling help this story?

I think so...I hope so.

Anyway, thought I'd share with you guys.

Comments

Amber Green said…
Hopefully, it will help the oozy places heal.
Unknown said…
((hugs)) It's tough but I know you can do it.
Judith Leger said…
Thanks my friends. I'm going to put a tremendous amount of effort into it. Fingers crossed!
Ren said…
The hugs, shoulders and ears are here for you, all the time, anytime...got it? Oh, I keep the getaway car gassed up, too xoxoxo
Judith Leger said…
Oh oh! Now that sounds interesting! Thelma and Louise won't have nuthin' compared to what we can do! Thanks love!
Unknown said…
Sending you my thoughts and prayers. If you need a shoulder, I am out that way 4 times a week.
Judith Leger said…
Thanks Heaven! We still need to get together. One day soon.

Popular Posts