Dependence

Over the many years of my life, I have steadfastly believed that I am independent in all areas; family, friends, children, everyone. To me, independence is standing on my own two feet, without having to call on anyone for help.

My views about this has changed. I've found that over the years what I thought was independence is really a fake front I enjoyed projecting to the world. I do depend on loved ones, friends, family and my kids. The guise of this dependence was hidden from my view until recently.

Not only did I realize that I needed people, but I thrive on that need. My fellow writing buddies are always there for me. My kids listen to me and in return need me also. Friends call me for advice or just to talk about their lives as I share mine with them. A give and take that spans years. Now does that make me a dependent on others. Sure, I'll admit it. I need other people and I fill a spot in their lives too. It doesn't make me less a person or unable to function on my own. It just helps to make me a more rounded individual. Someone that can make an interesting journey through live, touching people's souls and allowing them to touch mine.

For all my friends, acquaintances, my beloved family, I say Thanks! Without you, I would not be who I am today.

Comments

Hey,

Great post!

I've just tagged you!

Visit my blog for the rules if you want to play http://pamswildroseblog.blogspot.com

Popular Posts